Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Friday, May 8, 2015

Happiness is Hummingbirds

We saw our first hummingbird of the season at our feeders on May 3rd.  The feeders had been up and waiting for them for almost 2 weeks... I was ready!

As far as I'm concerned, there's not much that compares to sitting on the deck and watching hummers.  So I thought I'd take a few minutes and share them with you.  These photos were all taken today.

So far, we have two males.  I haven't seen a female.  The males don't seem very territorial (as you can see below), so maybe the females haven't arrived yet. 
Did you notice both hummers in that photo?  Right away, the one with his ruby-throat lit up in the sunlight pops out at you, but there's another male above him.  In the next photo, both are still there and you can see how well they blend in with their surroundings. 
They both sat there for a few minutes.  Kind of close for two males, so I don't think either was worried about the other.  Once the females arrive, they will most likely be chasing each other around.
The apple trees are almost in bloom.  For now, the hummers rest among the buds.
Hope you enjoyed a quick hummer 'break'!

 

1 comment:

  1. I esp. like picture 4 w/ the 2 hummers and the green leaves. never would have thought that they would blend in with anything like that until I read this post. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!