Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Beauty is in the Eyes (and Nose!) of the Beholder

Nature can be beautiful in many different ways.

Beauty in God’s creation can be brightly-colored.


Male Northern Cardinal in a snowstorm
Or it can be subtle.
Pair of Mourning Doves in our Crab-apple Tree
It can be tiny.


Newly hatched Painted Turtle
Or massive!


Notice the flower on this Snapping Turtle's head!

Beauty can be just that ~ simply beautiful...

White-tailed Fawn

Beauty can even be “ugly”!

Nestling and egg that were blown out of a tree... we put the nest back carefully.
A gorgeous sunset might make you feel like crying.
This photo is from my trip to Haiti, which you can read about here.
The natural world can also make you smile...
Grey Squirrel eating sunflower seeds
or maybe even laugh out loud.
This Robin needs to eat a few less worms if it's going to squeeze in that hole!
So, I was thinking... how could I get you to smile more while reading my blog?  Seems like some occasional ‘comic relief’ would be good!  Therefore, I now present another of God’s beautiful creations - Ruby the Basset Hound!
Ruby is not only beautiful, she also has a noble and dignified soul, even though you might not always think so from her outward appearance.  Because of this, I have decided to give Ruby an honorary PhD in advance for her future help here on my blog.   (That’s PhD for “Phunny Hound Dog”).

Watch for Ruby, PhD, in coming posts, where her beautiful nose will help us sniff out... who nose what?


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more from Ruby, PhD. (and you too! haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary... somehow I know Ruby is going to "steal the show"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!