Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Give Me the Greens of Springtime

With apologies to Paul Simon (“the greens of summer” are nice), but give ME the greens of Spring!  Oh, the glorious greens we have right now! 

From the “green grass of home”  - my front lawn (and yes, I often think in song lyrics) to the green hayfield on the hill...

...we have lots of green grass right now, with a little mud thrown in.  Not much mud this year though, and I’ve never minded it anyway.  The spring rains bring mud, it’s true. But it’s always seemed worth it to me for the wonderful green growth it also brings! 

Between the rain we’ve had earlier this spring and the sunshine of the past few days, things here are really growing.

Ferns are coming up.






Mayapples - one of my favorites - show a variety of hues in their various stages of growth.





The bright green leaves of the Canada Mayflowers are up, soon to be flowering, too (Now that it's May!).

Here's the delicate grey-green of the Dutchman’s Breeches.

Next, Ruby is patiently standing by to show you a Common Mullein with its pretty rosette of pale green fuzzy leaves.





Even though she really wants to go play in the nearby creek.  

Thank you, Ruby.



Some plants have been green all winter, like this Partridgeberry, but it is so pretty on the moss, I had to share it, too!



And some “greens” are not green at all, like the new foliage on the red maples.
So, Paul Simon, give me the greens of Spring, and by-the-way.... you can keep your Kodachrome! I’d much rather use Digital (it would cost me a fortune to use film for all the photos I take!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!