Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fun at the Jelly Feeder

Our jelly feeder is supposed to be for the Baltimore Orioles, and we do have quite a few of them coming to eat from it.  
The guys, the gals... they all come, and they have their own style of dining.  Right-side up or upside down, it doesn't matter.



 The feeder has also attracted others with a sweet tooth.  Oops, they don't have teeth, do they? 
The male and female Rose-breasted Grosbeaks both love the grape jelly.
female Rose-breasted Grosbeak
I try to get them to eat healthier by giving them some banana, too, but they usually seem to go for 'dessert' first.  Then they eat the fruit after!

This Chickadee comes often for a treat, too.
I started chopping up the banana and mixing it in, because squirrels were stealing the whole chunk!  That's right, red squirrels are feasting from our feeder, too.


These acrobats are why I had to add the clip to hold the glass into the wire holder, too.  They were knocking it to the ground with all the swinging around they do.

This grey squirrel also found the feeder and was caught red-handed in the jelly:



As you can see, there is quite a parade at our little jelly feeder.  It only cost a couple of quarters for the glass candle holder and the wire was some we already had.  Now, the cost of all the grape jelly we put out is another matter!  But I buy the cheap kind (no one is picky about 'brand name' it seems!) and I easily receive back in value the fun of watching the parade!





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! The male orioles are so bright! I've seen some in our neighborhood but none in our yard yet. Maybe some grape jelly would do the trick ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the good times roll when you break out the grape jelly! I love the pictures, they could inspire a storybook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!