Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Ruby Searches for Spring

Spring officially begins tomorrow-- according to the calendar.

Ruby and I searched for signs of spring today and came up short.  Well, Ruby did, anyway.  

Perhaps if she weren't so short, she would have found some.  
"The pond is still frozen solid," says Ruby. 
 (I guess Ruby can't see those red maple buds swelling in the distance).

"No signs by the creek either."
"What about the water, Ruby?... Ruby?"  Guess she can't hear me over the noise of the creek running.

 
If Ruby would look up, she would see a Robin sitting in the tree above her.
But she just keeps her nose to the ground.
The ground.... LOOK, Ruby, bare ground!
Doesn't the grass look a tiny bit green?
Ruby still doesn't pay any attention. 
Nice shadow Ruby, the sun must be strong!

Try harder Ruby... can't you see any signs of spring?
"What's right under your nose?" (and by the tip of your tail!)
"I'm sorry, I just don't see it" says Ruby.
"Well, maybe if you weren't sitting on them!" I tell her.
"Let's go back inside, it really is still very cold out here".
"But first, let's enjoy the Snowdrops by the front door".

Ruby may not have seen any signs of spring today, but they ARE out there!  

Tomorrow might be another story, since the weather forecast is for 3 to 5" of snow!  

Oh, wait, snow is what it does here in northeastern Pennsylvania in the spring.  Guess we'll just have to try to enjoy it if it comes.  (Yeah, right! I think we're all past that at this point.

Or hibernate thru it like the chipmunks.  I haven't seen any of them yet!

UPDATE - First day of spring - On my walk this morning I watched two chipmunks chasing each other around...

 and a flock of Canada Geese heading due north!


2 comments:

  1. I don't want one of those springs that spring into summer too fast. I will be glad if it takes it's time. Thanks for your blog and pictures. esp. the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....our poor Ruby, she's never been the most observant! :)

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!