Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Bonus: Bluebirds

Is there a support group for people who are addicted to taking photos of bluebirds?  If so, I need to join!  I see bluebirds... I have to grab my camera.  Help?!

Maybe the 'help' is that I can share them with you?  I just did a whole post about bluebirds on March 9th, so this one is a 'bonus', but it's also because I happened to capture on film (as we used to say when we used film) something I mentioned in that post.  Remember how Mama and Papa Bluebird were guarding their nesting box after chasing off another bird?  Thanks to the fact that I had my camera set to high-speed burst and was already taking photos of the bluebirds when it happened again on Sunday morning-- I captured it!

I'm going to label each photo with the time it was taken.  (Instead of "A Few Moments with Mama and Papa Bluebird", this post could be called "A Few Seconds...")

We start off with Mama Bluebird looking pretty on top of the box.
6:54:40
 Then Papa joins her.
6:56:05
 Next is when the excitement begins: Papa goes into action....
6:58:05

6:58:06

6:58:06

6:58:06
 At this point, that burst had to be recorded on my camera, which takes a very brief moment.  In the next burst you can see the 'enemy'-- a starling!
6:58:15

6:58:15

6:58:15
Wow!  I was a little sorry I wasn't zoomed out a bit, as I didn't capture all of the birds in action-- but I still think the photos are neat. If I hadn't already been taking pictures, I would have missed it all.

Now, Mama and Papa go back to sentry duty.
6:58:24

6:59:11
 Finally, Mama checks inside to make sure everything is okay.
6:59:57
As I think I am hopelessly addicted to watching and photographing our bluebirds, stay tuned for more "Adventures with Mama and Papa"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!