Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's time

It's January, and it's raining.  So, it's time.  Time for a post to (hopefully) make you smile.  For me, this is a time of year to 'Spring Clean' so I've been going thru closets and such.  Now,  I'm going to go thru old photos and show you a few that wouldn't probably make it into a regular post, but they are here to cheer us all up.  Because, no matter how much you may or may not like snowy and cold weather, when we have snow at least we can look out and say, "Isn't it pretty?".  Not so much with an all-day-long rainstorm in January.

So, here goes.  If you are clever with witty captions... why not contribute some in the 'comments' sections.  I'm going to number the photos so you can refer to which one your caption belongs.  Who knows, while I'm cleaning our closets maybe I'll come up with a prize for the best one.

Number 1:
Male Rose-breasted Grosbeak... and hey, how about those Spring colors?  
Number 2:
Another spring shot (the nest blew down in a storm and we put it back in the tree.  This one just cries out for a funny caption.
Number 3:
Bluebird... jumping from post to post?  No, I just happened to catch it in flight that way.
Number 4:
Evening Grosbeak, not doing anything special, they are just odd-looking in any photo!
Number 5:
Now this bird was doing something odd....
Here's a close-up:
My camera caught this House Finch in 'mid-shake'
Number 6:
Redpoll (from last January), yes.... it did find seeds under that snow!
Number 7:
Juvenile Rose-breasted Grosbeak... wants to be a meteorologist?
Number 8:
Another juvenile, this time a Robin.  Who is the 'first born' in this family?
Number 9:
Killdeer - guarding her nest or performing ballet?
And finally, Number 10, because there's nothing to make you smile like a cute puppy, and she is at the BIRDbath:
Dr. Ruby as a pup.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom-

    Great post! It did cheer me up. It's fun to see how much personality the birds (and our one not-bird!) can have. My captions are a little silly, but I tried to imagine what each bird might be saying in the picture. :)

    Love,
    Laura

    1.) “Hello? Hello lady with the food? I would please like some more food NOW! Please?” Apparently in my mind, grosbeaks are both needy and polite. ;)
    2.) All I see in this one is “WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!”
    3.) "Cannonball!!"
    4.) “I am so beautiful that I’ll hold nice and still and let the lady take my picture…even if she thinks I’m odd-looking!”
    5.) “Look, I can turn my head almost as far around as an owl!”
    6.) “I didn’t think flowers usually grew in the snow…oh well, better not to question and just to get in there and EAT!”
    7.) “Seventy degrees!! It’s beautiful out, why are you in there? Come out with us!”
    8.) “Hmpf. Why couldn’t Mother have built us a bigger nest?”
    9.) “Pay no attention to me! I’m not doing anything, just…airing out my wings!?! Move along now, nothing to see!”
    10.) “It was so nice of Grammy to put this big dish of water here just for me! Now if I could just get her to put out a big plate of carrots next to it…and maybe a stepladder?”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another set of witty captions that were emailed to me from 'anonymous' Thank you!

    Number 1: What do you think of my necklace? Isn't it pretty? I'll hold still so you can get a good look!

    Number 2: I'm SOO hungry! Please feed me before my brother hatches and gives me competition!

    Number 3: Boing!… boing!… I'm getting pretty good at this hopping thing! Watch out frogs!

    Number 4: What are you looking at? You have a problem with green beaks!?

    Number 5: What's up there!?

    Number 6: Finally some is feeding us birds what we really want… Giant Marshmallows!

    Number 7: Is my green screen working? I'm ready to do my forecast!

    Number 8: Hey Bob, could you move your beak please? It's poking me in the stomach.

    Number 9: One, two, three, four - students, follow along -that's how you do a pile.

    Number 10: Grammy, I want to be a bird, so I can have yummy water any time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!