Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Church in the Woods

This is post #200 on "This Is My Father's World."  It's been very enjoyable for me to share with you the things I've seen in 'my little place in His world' for almost 3 years now! (My first post was on April 28th, 2013).  

I'm not planning on stopping... at least not at the moment.  I read awhile ago that to have a 'good' blog, you should post on a regular schedule so your reader know when to look for something new.  Well, my feelings about that are that it's MY blog and I'll post when I have something I want to share!  Sometimes that happens as often as a couple of times a week, sometimes once a week.... sometimes less often than that.  (By the way, you can follow by email or subscribe to posts if you want to know when a new one is published).

While often I 'work hard' on a post (maybe I should say I put a lot of time into it) I wouldn't exactly call writing this blog 'hard work'!  However, this being my 200th post, I decided to 'take it easy' on this one!  I've previously written about the subject of hepaticas several times before, so if you want to read more about them, you can click here or here (which was way back on Post #2).  

But, now you can do what I did Sunday morning in our woods...  relax and enjoy the first Spring-blooming woodland ephemerals.
If you go to the woods to find some hepatica for yourself, be sure to wear old clothes and get down good and close to enjoy them!  The next photo is what you'll see if you only walk around!



My post is titled, "Church in the Woods" because since my husband wasn't feeling well on Sunday morning, we didn't go to church.  At least, we didn't go to our church building.  I, however, went to church in the woods... praising God for the absolutely beautiful April morning and thanking Him for making hepatica flowers.  I may have even suggested to Him that instead of the typical mansion in heaven, I'd be very happy with a little house in the woods surrounded by wildflowers.  Maybe they could be in bloom all the time, instead of just a week or so in April?
PS - My last post, "Swamp Things - Morning and Evening" was one that took more time to write... and I think maybe many of my regular readers missed it because they, too, were outside enjoying the nice weather! (It had only half as many 'hits' as usual).  So click here if you want to read it.  Thanks!




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!

    Thanks for all your hard work on the blog, I love reading it. Congratulations on 200 posts! :)

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Love,
      Mom

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!