Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

My Winter Wonder-ings

I wonder if any one else sees the face in this old fence post?
Do you see his one eye winking? And his rather small nose, but large smiling mouth-- chewing on a piece of grass?  With a white snow cap, of course!

I wonder if you see a running River Otter?
I wonder if the school children who rode in this old bus were just as happy as the children are now when they get a 'snow day'?
I wonder if Queen Ann likes her summer or winter lace better?
Or if the 'Ladies-in-Waiting' feel just as beautiful as the Queen when they are coated with diamonds?
I wonder where the rest of the Tree Sparrows are?  These two are visiting our feeders but we usually have a flock of them.
I wonder if God knew some of us would need a least a little color to brighten our winter days, so He gave us Rose hips (above) and Winterberries...
and male Cardinals, of course...
I wonder if the birds who built these nests close together in one small tree did it at the same time, and if they did... did they enjoy each others company?
I wonder how thick the ice will get on the swamp this winter (last year it was 17"!) and if the Painted Turtles are buried deep enough in the mud?
I wonder about a lot of things.   Some of them are fanciful and some are down-to-earth (even under the mud).  

Finally, I wonder when I will be able to sit on the dock in some warm sunshine? 
I'm afraid I know the answer to that.... not for a pretty long time!

2 comments:

  1. I want to put a "like" next to each picture and comment. thanks for your chilly blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good things to wonder about and nice pictures to go with them. I do see the fence post face, and I love the otter in the snow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!