Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Monday, July 18, 2016

Our Trip to Trinidad & Tobago: Links & a Few More Photos

We experienced so many wonderful things in Trinidad and Tobago that it took me 11 blog posts to cover the highlights.  To wrap them all up, I thought it might be helpful to have a post with clickable links to all eleven posts, especially if you are planning a trip there.  

If you've already read all the posts, then I hope you enjoy these photos which have not been on the blog before.  Usually my photos 'go' with the words, but this time they are just sort of random!

(I usually use between 15 and 25 photos per post, but I have 762 photos from our trip... so I still have a lot of photos you haven't seen!)
Purple Honeycreeper
My very first post about the trip was an introduction; with a variety of my favorite photos.  It is called, "Ten Days in Trinidad and Tobago".  I'm going to end my blog report the same way I started, with a few more of my favorite photos.

Post number two was about the Asa Wright Nature Centre.  Click on the title to read "Asa Wright - The Place and the People".  
Barred Antshrike
Then it was on to the Hummingbirds.  As I wrote in this post, "T & T Part 3: The Hummingbirds" we saw 12 of the 18 possible species of hummers while we were in Trinidad and Tobago.
White-necked Jacobin preening
In post number 4, I wrote about the amazing trees we saw on Trinidad in "T & T Part 4: The Tremendous Trees".
I think the birds were having a party in this tree!
Next was a post called "T & T Part 5: The Bird Magnet" about one particular kind of tree that attracts many beautiful birds.  Most of the photos in the post are of brightly-colored tanagers and other birds that eat the fruit of the Wild Tobacco tree.
Violaceous Euphonia
Number 6 was also about birds, but this time it wasn't the 'pretty birds' it was "T & T Part 6: The Bizarre Birds".  That one is about an Owl, two birds with beards, Oilbirds,  Chachalacas (that say their name), and Flamingoes.
Great Antshrike
"T & T Part 7: The Nests" is pretty self-explanatory.  I might have set a record with that one though, using 33 photos.  I tried to include photos of not just the nests, but the birds that made them.  Although the last photo in that post leads into the next post... about turtles!  "T & T Part 8: Leatherback Turtles".
Caligo butterfly
Then I wrote about monkeys and other animals in "T & T Part 9: The Critters".
Green-rumped Parrotlets
Post 10 was called "T & T Part 10: Cuffie River Nature Retreat" which was about our lodging for the 4 days we were on Tobago (and the things we saw there).
Orange-winged Parrots in a rain storm
Finally, the last post in the series was called, "T & T Part 11: Caroni Swamp".  Our visit there was the 'grand finale' of our 6-day stay on Trinidad.  It included another owl, beautiful scenery and lots of birds, including Scarlet Ibises and 2 Flamingos!

One post I thought about writing but didn't, was about birds taking baths!  When it rained, that seemed to be the time for birds to get cleaned up!  That was fun to watch-- whether it was a 'shower' on a perch...
White-necked Jacobin taking a shower in the rain
or a bath in the birdbath!
Palm Tanager taking a bath
Another post I thought about doing was about the many kinds of flowers we saw, but I knew so little about them it would have been hard to do more than post photos. 
Frangipani or Plumeria flowers, very sweet-smelling!
Though our trip was specifically a birding trip (and we wound up seeing a total of 170 species of birds) we really enjoyed all the aspects of nature we experienced on Trinidad and Tobago.  
Butterfly on Hibiscus flower
I hope my blog may have inspired some of you to travel to "T & T" yourselves, or at least that you enjoyed this virtual 'field trip'!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!