Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Because...

I haven't written a blog post for awhile because I've been waiting for an ending to a story I want to share.   That's (hopefully) coming soon.

So, I guess I'll post more hummingbirds and some butterflies instead.

Because I love them and maybe you do, too.
Monarch on Tithonia
And because if you aren't friends with me on Facebook you haven't seen the next photo, which I think is too cute too miss.
Ruby-throated Hummingbird on Coleus
Because, if you aren't on the "PA Birders-Photography" Facebook group, then you haven't seen my photo of a Yellow-bellied Hummingbird.  (Not really, it's a Ruby-throat with the sunshine reflecting the yellow from the zinnia).
If you aren't on the "Worst Bird Photographs Ever" Facebook group, you haven't seen my contribution of a "blurd" with a really crispy-focused twig.  Which, of course, was what I was trying to capture (NOT)!
Although, I did get the shot awhile later:
(It's good that hummingbirds are creatures of habit and often sit in the same place).

Because... the garden may be waning as far as the condition of the flowers, but the hummingbirds and butterflies don't mind.
Because even though I've shown you hummingbirds on coleus flowers, like this...
... I haven't shown them to you on my Butterfly Bush
or on the Tithonia.

Although zinnias still seem to be their favorites.
They are even occasionally a good spot for a rest.
Because I also achieved a goal I had of capturing in the same photo both a hummingbird and a Monarch butterfly! I got some shots but in the excitement of the moment I may have not gotten the best focus!  However, here they are:
They were both peacefully feeding... but then the hummingbird noticed the butterfly...
"Hey, what are YOU doing here?"  (It was a tense situation for a second or two!)  Then I guess the bird decided there were enough flowers for both of them and went back to sipping.  (Surprisingly enough!)
That's one flower which doesn't look so pretty anymore, but there's still nectar in the florets!
Well, that was exciting and I thought I should share it with you.

But, wait... what's going on behind me?

"Gizmo?  Are you finding this boring?"
"Grammy, I do not know why you stand there so long taking pictures of those things when there are chipmunks on the other side of the house.  I think I'm going to take a nap."
"I'm sorry, Gizmo."  

I hope I didn't put any of the rest of you to sleep. 

















2 comments:

  1. Never bored with hummers but shouldn't your tags include gizmo? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I thought about it, but he doesn't want to be a celebrity! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!