Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Friday, April 18, 2014

Playing around

with a new camera...

female Red-bellied Woodpecker

White-breasted Nuthatch
I've only had it for a couple of days, but I'm having fun playing around with it.  
male American Goldfinch
I love taking bird photographs, so having a better telephoto lens is wonderful.
pair of Tree Swallows
I didn't manage to center this Kestral, but with my old camera, I wouldn't even have gotten this shot.
This pair of Wood Ducks was way back in the swamp and it's not a super great photo, but again, much better than I could have achieved previously for that distance.
This Canada Goose was quite a bit closer to me, and I love how this one came out.
I've only just started studying the 285 page manual, so I still have a lot to learn.  But, as I said in my title, I'm having fun playing around with it.  As you can see...
It has some special effects - like putting the geese in a fish-eye setting!

It will shoot in "super vivid" which might come in handy with all the dreary days we have around here.
Looks more like fall, but I took this today.  Guess I'm not ready for fall yet, let's have spring and summer first!
However, I don't think I'll use the monochromatic setting much!
Now, the fish-bowl setting again.... fun!  I can change the shape of our swamp!
There's a neat setting that blurs the top and bottom of the photo.  I tried that with the next three photos and thought that setting could be useful.
Which photo is your favorite?


2 comments:

  1. The picture detail is very good with that camera. It's hard to beat the gold finch and the goose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mom, the new camera is great! The photos are so sharp and detailed. I've loved your blog this far, but now I'm really excited to see what you'll be able to do!! :) If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the one of the goose close up. I love how you can see the drops of water on his head and what he's eating. My runner up would probably be the other one of the geese, with the soft top and bottom...pretty! :)

    Lots of love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!