Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Heat Wave Haiku

Too hot for words
I’ll try something new

photos, Haiku
Creatures with wings
and creatures without
brighten hot days

Blue Dasher dragonfly
Glistening dragons
or are they damsels?
pause a moment

Shade beckons me
take a closer look
hop! tiny toad 

American Toad
Brilliant ‘sally’
not too far away
friends? not, I’d say

Red Eft Salamander
Garden surprise
where did you come from?

welcome to stay
Garter Snake
Summer colors
gracefully flutter
soon will be gone

Pearl Crescent

Breeze to ease
sultry days passing
too soon winter 

Cabbage White
Eastern Pondhawk

I'd like to thank my brother for his help with the identification of the butterflies and dragonflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!