Swamp Four Seasons

Swamp Four Seasons
Blessed by the beauty of Creation -
Sharing what I see from my little place in His world!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Different Day, Different Dog

Walking this dog is really not too much different than walking Dr. Ruby.  He sniffs, he sniffs, he runs, he sniffs.  That's about where the similarity in the two dogs ends though, as you can see:
"Come on, Grammy, let's go see what we can find!"

Here's an old photo of Dr. Ruby in some (only slightly deeper) snow so you can see what I mean.
I don't think anymore explanation is needed!  As I titled this post, "Different Day, Different Dog"!

And you might be saying to yourself, "Why dogs?  Isn't she supposed to be writing about the beauty of God's creation?".  My answer to that is-- I happen to think both of these dogs are very beautiful!  Of course, I am probably a little biased, since they are my grand-doggies.

Anyway... here we go on a walk with Mac Dog.
"Someone else has been here!"
"This thicket is a very popular spot... there are lots of bunny smells, and even a CAT!" 
That's right, Mac Dog, one day I saw a stray cat near here.  It must still be hanging around.
"I would like to chase that cat for you!"
Sorry, Mackie, I think it's long gone today.
"Look at all these tracks, Gram.  Yes, Mac, lots of deer and some bunnies have walked here before us."
It was such a cold day that Mac and I didn't stay out too long.  That might be partly why when we came back to the house, he did not immediately want to take a nap like Dr. Ruby does.  Instead we played his favorite game--  tug-of-war.
And played, and played!  
Finally, he decided (or couldn't get me to tug any longer!) to lie down on the dog bed.
"I'll keep my rope close by just in case you change your mind, Grammy."
He might have laid down, but he stayed on the alert.
"I will protect you from strange noises... wait, is that someone at the door?"

It's okay, Mac, it's just the wind.
God made you a beautiful dog, Mackie!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I love to hear from my readers!